Edgy, cool, hipster. All stereotypical yet appropriate adjectives to describe Berlin. The city boasts plenty of great food and drink options. Better yet, a good meal can had a pretty affordable price tag. The city is quite expansive and can feel a little overwhelming if you don’t have a targeted approach to what you want to see/do. Aimless wandering works well in each neighborhoods, but getting between each pocket requires public transportation.
Things To Know
- Berlin has its own beer specialty, the Berliner Weiße
- Döner Kebab might as well be a national and city treasure.
- The East Side Gallery is the largest stretch of the Berlin wall still standing. It’s also been converted to an open air art gallery.
- Berlin has a great selection of vegetarian food.
- The city is one of the most affordable big cities left in Europe.