Copenhagen is a quaint, charming city with plenty of food and drink options. In the winter months coffee shops and bars are filled with “hygge”, so much so that you’ll find yourself spending hours sipping on something warm by the fire. In the summer months, the parks and green spaces come alive. The one downside is the cost. As a tourist it can be pretty brutal on the wallet, so if you’re on a budget you might need to be a bit selective with where you go.
Things To Know
- Cheers in Danish is “skål.”
- During the summer, Danes come together to rollerblade through the city.
- Freetown Christiana is a former anarchist district in Copenhagen’s city center…you can buy weed there, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
- Copenhagen has 340 km of bicycle lanes.
- Be sure to try Aquavit, the Danish drink made from caraway and a variety of spices.