London is a big ass city. I’m serious. The first few times I had been to this city, I underestimated the sheer size of the greater London area. But that means it has plenty to offer for any traveler, just be prepared to spend a few minutes on the tube. That said, there aren’t too many cities in the world like London.
Things To Know
- Cheers in English is, well you should know.
- Becoming a black cab driver is no small feat. You have to take a test called “The Knowledge” that involves memorizing every street in London.
- The City of London is actually the smallest city in the U.K. with roughly 7,000 people. The Greater London area is home to 8.3 million people.
- Between 1720 & 1751 the average gin consumption was 2 pints per person.
- If you’re lucky enough, you might find yourself in the middle of a British lock-in