Is there anything else to say about Paris? The city is beautiful, home to beautiful people and beautiful food. Is it pretentious? Yeah, a bit. Does it deserve it all? Maybe. In all seriousness, the first time I didn’t know what to expect. It’s a big enough city to find anything you’re looking for, yet small enough to feel manageable and even familiar. Every time I’ve been to Paris, the City of Lights has lived up to all the hype.
Things To Know
- Cheers in French is “à votre santé” (a-la-votre), or “to your health.”
- Legend has it that the Bloody Mary was invented here for one Ernest Hemingway.
- There’s only one stop sign in the entire city.
- The Eiffel Tower was only supposed to be temporary and resident’s used to protest its existence.
- Chartruese comes from the Chartruese Mountains in the French Alps where Carthusian Monks have made this liquor for since 1737.
Is there anything else to say about Paris? The city is beautiful, home to beautiful…