Stumptown. City of Roses. Bridgetown. Home of The Daily Grog. Portland will always hold a special place in my heart. This is a weird, eclectic yet magical city that calls home to many of our favorite vices: the most strip clubs, breweries, and coffee shops per capita in the U.S. (well at least at some point). Though the city has gone through some changes over the past few years, the “weird” allure is still very much alive. Oh, did I mention rain? Yeah you better learn to embrace that real quick if you’re going to appreciate this city. Grab a warm cup of coffee and enjoy all that Portland has to offer.
Things To Know
- There are 12 bridges in Portland, giving way to one of it’s many nicknames, Bridgetown.
- Portland is home to the highest number of strip clubs per capita in the United States. Some serve vegan food, too!
- ….and a lot of coffee too, approximately one coffee shop per 2,322 people.
- Powell’s Books is the largest independently run bookstore in the world.
- It’s one of two U.S. cities to have a dormant volcano within city limits, Mt. Tabor.